Updated: Sep 7, 2018
We all have that special dish that brings up nostalgic memories of our grandmother's or mother's cooking. For us at Chilli Fagara, one of our favorite dishes is our Fiery Comfort Noodles. We've tweaked our family recipe and made it easier for you by using our own artisanal sauces and spices to get that authentic Sichuan flavour. This meal is so easy to make, you'll be ready to eat in 15 minutes. Enjoy!
1 package of dried vermicelli (8 oz)
¼ clove garlic, finely diced
½ red onion, chopped
½ cup green onion, chopped
4 dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked and sliced (optional)
¼ red bell pepper, sliced
¼ green bell pepper, sliced
225g char siu, thinly sliced
3 cups bean sprouts, sliced
¼ cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons Chilli Fagara XO sauce (available at our online shop)
1 teaspoon Chilli Fagara chilli powder (available at our online shop)
Salt, to taste
3 sprigs fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
¼ teaspoon sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
½ teaspoon green onions, chopped, to garnish (optional)
1. Soak the vermicelli noodles with boiling water in a bowl for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat wok over high heat and add a dash of vegetable oil.
3. Lightly beat the eggs. Add to the wok and cook for about 30 seconds or until set. Add garlic, onions, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the char siu and continue to stir-fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add the vermicelli and toss for 30 seconds or until combined.
6. Finally, add the bean sprouts and soy sauce, Chilli Fagara XO sauce, Chilli Fagara chilli powder and salt. Gently toss for 30 seconds or until the noodles are evenly coated in sauce.
7. Garnish with coriander, sesame seeds and green onions.